Portage County Senior Center
Our mission is to provide socialization opportunities for all Portage County senior citizens without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, handicap, or ancestry.
The Portage County Senior Center offers social and recreational activities, as well as daily lunches, to all Portage County senior citizens ages 50 and better. Weekly activities include bingo, exercise class, card games, dominoes, art class, and tai chi. We have many special events that happen throughout the year, such as bake sales, holiday parties, potluck dinners, education seminars, monthly bus trips, and monthly blood pressure and glucose checks. We also provide a variety of other services, such as the distribution of farmer’s market coupons for free locally grown produce. Lunch is served every day, and we always have donuts, coffee, and tea available.
WHO WE SERVE
The Portage County Senior Center offers social and recreational activities to all Portage County residents ages 50 and better.
- Exercise Class: Mondays and Wednesdays at 9:30AM
- Tai Chi: Mondays and Thursdays at 10:30AM
- Bingo: Mondays and Wednesdays at 10:30AM
- Wii Bowling and Cornhole: Ongoing and alternate throughout the year
- Art Class: Call for availability
- Cards and Dominoes: Fridays at 1:00PM – 3:00PM
- Bocce: Thursday at 12:00PM – 3:00PM during April-October. Hosted at the Eagles Club
- Billiards: Table open Monday – Friday from 9:00AM – 3:00PM