Above all else, Family & Community Services believes in going forth and doing good. And no action better exemplifies that idea than volunteering. Learn how you can get involved today!
Get involved and give back to your community by volunteering with F&CS. We have a wide variety of opportunities available that fit any ability, schedule, or skill set.
Volunteering is a great way to build connections within your team while helping individuals and families in need. We offer one-time and ongoing opportunities for groups.
Gain hands-on experience in your field of study and help others by interning at an F&CS program location. We accept applications on a rolling basis.
Complete your alternative sentencing or mandatory community service hours with F&CS. We are able to accommodate most court-ordered requirements.
If you would prefer to fill out your application manually, please download a copy below. Your completed application can be emailed to [email protected] or dropped off at our Ravenna office.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with F&CS and its programs! Our volunteers provide compassion and expertise while making a difference in communities and people’s lives every day.
americorps & americorps seniors opportunities
You may be eligible to participate in one of Family & Community Services’ AmeriCorps or AmeriCorps Seniors programs.
Volunteers In Service To America (VISTA) are volunteers that commit one year of service to an anti-poverty project through the Corporation for National and Community Service and F&CS.
The Retired Seniors Volunteer Program (RSVP) connects volunteers ages 55 and better with service opportunities in their communities that match their skills and availability.
The Senior Companion Program (SCP) brings together volunteers ages 55 and better with adults in their community who have difficulty with the simple tasks of day-to-day living.
The Foster Grandparents Program (FGP) connects volunteers ages 55 and better with youth that have exceptional needs to be role models, mentors, and friends.
how your community benefits
By volunteering, you can make an immediate, positive impact on your community. Here’s how:
- Increase Number of People Served. Volunteers allow our programs to serve a greater number of people, meaning your neighbors will receive the support they need during difficult times.
- Strengthen Community Ties. Volunteering unifies our community by bringing together people from all walks of life. Working together towards the common goal of bettering our community gives us time to learn more about one another and what we have in common.
- Amplify Local Resources. By volunteering, more people learn about the resources and social services in their area. This helps the programs get their message out, receive more referrals, find more supporters, and make connections with other local programs or businesses.
how you benefit
By volunteering, not only will you be helping your community—you’ll also be helping yourself! There are many personal benefits to volunteering, such as:
- Making New Connections. By volunteering, you’ll meet new people who live in your area and share the same values you do. You can make new friendships and expand your social network.
- Improving Your Health. Volunteering has been linked to a decrease in depression rates and an increase in self-esteem. In addition to helping your mental health, certain volunteer opportunities will help you stay physically active.
- Building Career and Life Skills. When you volunteer, you practice skills such as problem-solving, collaboration, communication, and project management. You can also gain experience in areas of work that are transferable to your career.
- Enjoying Yourself. Volunteering is an opportunity to take part in work that has meaning and is exciting to you. It can break up the monotony of your weekly routine and give you the chance to get out into the world and have some fun!