The Portage County Senior Center offers social and recreational activities to all Portage County residents ages 50 and better. Weekly activities include bingo, exercise class, card games, dominoes, art class and tai chi. We have many special events that happen throughout the year such as bake sales, holiday parties, potluck dinners, education seminars, monthly bus trips and monthly blood pressure and glucose checks. We also provide a variety of other services such as distribution of farmers market coupons for free locally grown produce. Lunch is served everyday and we always have donuts, coffee and tea available.
Portage Senior Center
of every dollar donated goes toward direct service.
people are served each year through our programs.
individuals volunteer every year.
- Monthly blood pressure and glucose checks from local area businesses
- Exercise Class – Every Monday at 9:30 – 10:00 AM
- Tai Chi – Every Monday and Thursday at 10:30 – 11:30 AM
- Bingo – Mondays at 10:00 – 11:15 AM and Wednesdays at 10:30 – 11:45 AM
- Wii Bowling League – Every Thursday at 8:00 – 10:00 AM
- Art Class – Every Friday at 9:00 AM
- Cards and Dominoes – Fridays 1:00 – 3:00 PM
- Cornhole – Fridays at 10:00 AM during the summertime
- Lunch is served Monday-Friday at 11:30 AM
- Red Hats meet here as well
To provide socialization opportunities for all Portage County senior citizens without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or ancestry.
705 Oakwood St., Lower Level (Floor G)
Ravenna, OH 44266