Consumer Credit Counseling Services
The mission of Consumer Credit Counseling Services (CCCS) is to provide professional credit counseling and to treat all clients with dignity, respect, and appropriate confidentiality. CCCS strives to educate consumers on how to use credit wisely, to effectively manage and budget household resources, and to maintain financial stability.
Consumer Credit Counseling Services has been in operation in Portage County for over 50 years and consists of financial counselors who have been tested and certified through the National Foundation for Credit Counseling. Your financial counselor will help you take back control and get you on the path to being debt-free.
WHO WE SERVE
No matter who you are, our counselors will provide options based on your individual situation and help you actively participate in your financial future. All you need to do to get started is schedule an appointment for a free consultation.
Through our program, you can work with a credit counselor to:
- Develop a household budget.
- Access and understand your credit report.
- Eliminate credit debt through a personalized Debt Management Plan. In some cases, creditors will reduce interest, minimum payments, or fees once you are enrolled in this plan.
- Attend financial literacy classes in the community.
- Set financial goals for the future and a plan to achieve those goals.
- Complete required bankruptcy credit counseling and education certification.
These programs are available to individuals, groups, churches, employers, and organizations. CCCS can also provide classes tailored to meet the specific needs of a group.
If you wish to participate in a Debt Management Plan (DMP), your income must be able to cover your basic budget expenses and have enough disposable income to meet the individual creditor required payments while on the DMP.
Make An Impact
"Entering into this program is one of the smartest decisions I've ever made. My credit counselor has been so supportive, responsive, and positive through the entire four years. I couldn't have done this without her or the program!"