Portage County Safety Council
of every dollar donated goes toward direct service.
people are served each year through our programs.
individuals volunteer every year.
The Portage County Safety Council is the local Ohio safety council. It is funded by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation Division of Safety and Hygiene. We host monthly workplace safety training luncheons on the 2nd Thursday of every month in Ravenna, OH. Eligible employers who are active members can earn up to 4% in Ohio BWC premium rebates by attending the monthly luncheons and completing rebate eligibility requirements.
- BWC paid premiums rebate (must meet eligibility requirements)
- Educational Safety awareness
- Opportunities for sharing information
- Support and Advocacy
- Networking opportunities
- Recognition and awards
- Increased safety in the workplace
In addition to the monthly workplace safety luncheons the Portage County Safety Council is actively involved in multiple projects that are aimed at benefiting & improving the local community.
- Portage County Workforce Health & Wellness Coalition: This project is made up of several local agencies, schools, and businesses collaborating in order to promote employer-based health & wellness programs and to improve the overall health of Portage County workers.
- Safety Education Fund: Generated through 50/50 drawings at our monthly luncheons, this project provides funding for various safety training opportunities throughout the year, typically offered to employees of member companies at no charge.
- Annual Food Drives: We host 1-2 food drives every calendar year that benefits local food banks in order to help feed the hungry in Portage County.
- Monthly Hot Food Donations: We donate all leftover catering from our monthly luncheons to the Center of Hope in Ravenna who provides hot meals 5 days a week for up to 100 people.